Yakult Europe is sensitive to privacy issues surrounding the use of stakeholder information. Protection of privacy is extremely important to us. The instances in which Yakult does collect and use information are specifically described in this Privacy Statement, in which we took into account the principles of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
This privacy statement describes how your personal data is processed by Yakult in connection with the services (“Services”) we provide to you. These Services include:
- Our Yakult website
- Any (mobile) sites, applications, widgets, and other (mobile) interactive features; and
- Other services that we may offer in connection with the two services mentioned above, such as HTML-formatted email messages that we send to you to announce science related activities.
This statement also describes the rights you have in respect of your personal data being collected and processed by Yakult. If you have any questions regarding this statement, you can contact us via the contact details included in this statement. Please read this statement carefully before you start using our Services.
The controller of the processing of your personal data (meaning the party that is responsible) is Yakult Europe B.V., established in Almere, the Netherlands, at the Schutsluisweg 1 (1332EN).
Yakult Europe will be your first point of contact for privacy and data protection related matters.
Which personal data do we collect from you?
Depending on the Service, we may ask you to provide us with the following personal data:
- Full Name and Professional Title (Prof., ir., Dr., M.D.,…)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Working address
- Working department
- Occupation (academic or private researcher, health care professional, Student ID card…)
- Dietary preferences
We will derive the following personal data from your use of our Services (with your consent were required):
- IP address
How do we collect your personal data?
- We collect personal data because you provide these data to us, for scientific events from Yakult. Certain information will be always required when you sign up, for instance the details we need to contact you, like your email address and name (and country). These mandatory fields are the minimal data we need from you to provide you with the requested Service.
Why and how we use your personal data
Below we describe why and how we process your personal data. Where we have other purposes of use of your personal data, we will inform you thereof separately.
- We use your personal data to complete and fulfill your registration for our activities (like conferences, round tables, discussion forums, etc…) for example, to process your payments, to communicate with you regarding your reservation and provide you with related services.
- We also use your personal data to reply to your enquiries and fulfilling your requests, questions and comments in relation to the activities we organize. We use your contact details to send administrative information to you, such as changes to this privacy statement.
- With your consent, we use your personal data to allow you to contact you regarding special activities we organize (like conferences, round tables, discussion forums, etc…). In this way, we can keep you as stakeholder engaged in Yakult and its scientific activities.
The cases where we give other parties access to your personal data
We may give other parties access to your personal data:
- Our third party service providers, such as conference organizers, and information technology service providers (e.g. our e-mailing service).
- Third parties with whom we cooperate for our activities.
These transfers may include the transfer of personal data to other countries, including countries outside the European Economic Area which do not have a level of personal data protection similar to the EU. Yakult will ensure that these transfers are based on appropriate safeguards, including the use of EU Model Clauses, to ensure an adequate level of personal data protection. A copy of these safeguards can be requested via the contact details under ‘Your rights’.
Unless you accept to receive future information from Yakult, all your contact records including other information will be deleted within 3 months after you participated the event. In case you accept to stay in contact, your contact records including other information are retained until you retire and/or are not active anymore in the function that was originally of interest to Yakult. This information is also deleted if the contact has deceased. Publications of the Stakeholder can be retained beyond the term of 2 years.
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- You have the right to access your personal data as processed by Yakult. This means that Yakult will provide you with information such as the categories of personal data that are processed, the purposes of processing, retention periods and categories of third party recipients.
- You also have the right to have your personal data rectified or erased as appropriate, the right to restrict the processing and the right to object to the processing (e.g. opt-out or unsubscribe).
- You have the right to withdraw your consent to stay in contact with Yakult at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data by Yakult based on consent before the withdrawal.
- At your request, a copy of your personal data provided by you to Yakult will be provided to you in a common machine readable format (data portability).
You can exercise your rights by contacting us via email@example.com. Upon your request, we may ask for additional information from you to verify your identity, such as a student ID. All identity check documents will thereafter securely be disposed of.
You also have the right to file a complaint with your data protection supervisory authority.
Changes to this privacy statement
The website and services from Yakult may change from time to time. For this reason, Yakult may need to change or add information to this statement. We will make sure that we make it prominently clear on our website when we have changed our privacy statement. In case of substantial changes, we will inform you of our new privacy statement via the contact details we have from you.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
This website is operated by Yakult Europe B.V. The information provided through this website is intended only for residents of the European Economic Area. No other person should rely or act upon any information contained in this website and information available is not relevant to any other country or territory outside the European Economic Area.