Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Stephan C. Bischoff
Direktor, Institut für Ernährungsmedizin
Universität Hohenheim, Germany
Studied human medicine at the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz and the Université Louis Pasteur Strasbourg. 1989 license to practice medicine and doctorate, scientific assistant at the Institute for Clinical Immunology, University Hospital Bern/Switzerland. 1992 Resident in the Department of Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Hanover Medical School, 1997 Specialist qualification in internal medicine and additional title «Allergology», 1998 Habilitation in internal medicine, sub-specialty title «Gastroenterology», 2001 Specialist qualification «Nutritional Medicine». 2002-2003 Visiting Professor at Columbia University, New York. 2004 Appointed Full Professor and Chair of Nutritional Medicine and Prevention at the University of Hohenheim in Stuttgart. 2006 Chairman of the German Society for Nutritional Medicine. 2009 Medical Director of the Center for Nutritional Medicine at the University Hospital of Tübingen and the University of Hohenheim. 2010 Editor of the journal Aktuelle Ernährungsmedizin. 2012 President of the German Society for Nutritional Medicine.
– Obesity and obesity-associated diseases.
– Disease-associated malnutrition and artificial nutrition
– Gastrointestinal barrier, mucosal immunology & neurogastroenterology
– Probiotics and functional food
– Food allergies and intolerances, mast cell research
– Health prevention through nutrition, gender research